mnm516

mnm516

Losing It

Losing It - Emma Rathbone This book was on a list of books to read in your 20s so I figured why not give it a try. It was eh. In the beginning I was like oh okay this is going to be interesting and I felt like I naturally liked the character and was able to understand her. However, as I got further into the book I quickly lost interest as I began to find her annoying and generally did not like the decisions she was making. Oftentimes I was left wanting to scream "what are you stupid??". The story line was on the slow side for my taste. There were chapters where I was like oh okay this is finally getting interesting, just for it to die off in the next one. The character became someone that I didn't like because I felt like she was nothing like the character we originally got to know: Letting down her family and genuinely not caring did not pair with the first half of the book. I understand characters change as things happen to them just as people do but there needs to be a realistic aspect to it in my opinion that just wasn't there with this. In the beginning I was really rooting for the character to get what she was looking for and find what she wanted but towards the middle of the book I almost wanted her to fail. Towards the end she almost redeemed herself and I felt a little bit better about it but it was one of those books that I would easily forget about. Probably wouldn't openly recommend but if asked I guess it is worth a read just don't get your hopes up too much before getting into it. Kind of just ride it out, no real emotional ties with the story or characters for me like I anticipated.