mnm516

mnm516

Just Friends

Just Friends - Billy Taylor This is book gets a lot of hype on social media because of the premise. While it was a good book I think it is quite overrated. The story line was kind of overplayed, two best friends fall in love and it takes one of them awhile to admit it: We get it, we read it all the time. However, that being said I did think that the characters did have an interesting spin to them. There were parts of the story that I found to be a little unrealistic and hard to believe (he magically meets and starts dating her costar after he first moves to New York from London and her costar is there for a few days between filming and then oh wait the costar is actually the soulmate of their only other friend from home...OK right). While it was an intriguing story and there were a few parts I was surprised by it was overall predictable. I could see what was going to happen next from a mile away but it did hold my interest. The magic tricks and the ties were certainly a great touch that I enjoyed. If you are looking for a quick read that you want to breeze through and leave you happy at the end then this is the one to go with. If you're looking for a book that at a few instances is going to play with your emotions and bring tears to your eyes this may do the trick. If you are looking for something new and exciting this is not the book for you, too repetitive.